Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Ignition lock
Fig. 127 Vehicle key positionsFirst read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
|No vehicle key in the ignition lock: steering lock can be activated.|
|⓪||Ignition switched off. The vehicle key can be removed.|
|①||Ignition switched on. Diesel engine glow plugs are preheating. Steering lock can be released.|
|②||Start the engine. Release the vehicle key as soon as the engine starts. Once released, the vehicle key moves back to position ①.|
Non-authorised vehicle key
If a non-authorised vehicle key has been inserted in the ignition lock it can be removed as follows:
- Automatic gearbox: the vehicle key cannot be removed from the ignition in this position. Press the lock button in the selector lever and release. The vehicle key can be removed.
- Manual gearbox: remove the vehicle key from the ignition lock.
WARNINGAlways take care when using the vehicle key as you could cause accidents or serious injuries.
- Always take all vehicle keys with you each time you leave the vehicle. The engine can be started and electrical equipment such as the window controls can be used which could cause serious injury.
- Never leave children or people requiring assistance alone in the car. They could become trapped in the car in an emergency and will not be able to get themselves to safety. Depending on the time of year, for example, a locked vehicle can be subjected to very high or very low temperatures. This could cause serious injuries and illness or fatalities, especially for small children.
- Never remove the vehicle key from the ignition if the vehicle is in motion. The steering lock may be activated and you will no longer be able to steer the vehicle.
If the vehicle key is left in the ignition for a long period with the engine switched off, the vehicle battery could discharge.
In vehicles with an automatic gearbox, the vehicle key can only be removed from the ignition lock if the selector lever is in position P. If necessary, press the lock button in the selector lever and then release it.
Fiber-Optic Cable, Disconnecting from Wiring Harness Connector
Removing Unplug connector for fiber optic cable from appropriate control unit. Release the locking mechanism in the fiber-optic cable connector -1- by pushing on it.   ...
General Information WARNING Risk of injury. Follow all Warnings and Safety Precautions. Refer to → Chapter "Warnings and Safety Precautions". &nbs ...
Fig. 83 Windscreen wiper lever: setting the rain sensor Ⓐ Fig. 84 Sensitive surface of the rain sensor First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings When the rain sensor is activated, it automatically controls the frequency of the wiper intervals, de ...