Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Indicator lamps and fuel gauge
Fig. 166 In the instrument cluster: fuel gauge for petrol and diesel
Fig. 167 In the instrument cluster: natural gas gaugeFirst read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
|Red marking (arrow)||Fuel tank nearly empty.
Reserve quantity is being used .
|Refuel as soon as possible .|
|Vehicle running on natural gas.|
Several warning and indicator lamps will light up briefly when the ignition is switched on while the vehicle runs functional checks. They will switch off after a few seconds.
When the indicator lamp or lights up, the auxiliary heater and fuel-powered supplementary heater switch off automatically.
Natural gas engines
The indicator lamp or lights up, if both fuel types (petrol and natural gas) have reached the reserve level.
The indicator lamp lights up if the vehicle is running on natural gas.
The indicator lamp will go out once the natural gas tank is empty. The engine switches to petrol mode.
Things to note: If the vehicle is parked for an extended period directly after refuelling, it may well occur that the pointer for the natural gas engine does not indicate the fuel level shown directly after refuelling. This does not mean that there is a leak in the system, but rather that for technical reasons the pressure has been decreased in the natural gas tank following a cooling phase directly after refilling.
WARNINGDriving the vehicle when the fuel level is too low could lead to your vehicle breaking down in traffic, accidents and serious injuries.
- When the fuel level is too low, the fuel supply to the engine could be irregular, especially when driving up or down hills and inclines.
- The steering, all driver assist systems and brake assist systems will not function if the engine sputters or stops completely due to a lack of fuel or irregular fuel supply.
- Always refill the fuel tank when it is still 1/4 full. This reduces the risk of running out of fuel and breaking down.
- To avoid damage to your vehicle, always observe the indicator lamps and associated warning texts.
- Do not run the tank empty. Irregular refuelling periods could cause backfiring and allow unburnt fuel to enter the exhaust system. The catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter could be damaged as a result!
The small arrow next to the petrol pump symbol or in the display instrument shows you which side of the vehicle the tank flap is located on.
Fig. 88 In the driver door: rotary knob for the exterior mirrors First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings Turn the rotary knob to the desired position: Fold exterior mirrors into the body electrically ...
Stowage compartment on the front passenger side
Fig. 113 Stowage compartment on front passenger side Fig. 114 Open stowage compartment on front passenger side First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings Opening and closing the stowage compartment If necessary, unlock the stowage compartment. The stowag ...
Air recirculation mode
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings General notes There are different types of air recirculation mode: Manual air recirculation mode (Heating and fresh air system). Manual air reci ...