Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm
Fig. 24 Next to the driver seat: button for switching off the interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm
Fig. 25 In the roof console: sensors for the interior monitoring systemFirst read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
The interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm trigger an alarm if movement is detected inside the vehicle or if the vehicle is lifted when the vehicle is locked.
Switching on the interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm
Close the stowage compartment in the roof console , as the correct function of the interior monitoring system (arrows) cannot be guaranteed.
Lock the vehicle using the vehicle key. When the anti-theft alarm is switched on, the interior monitoring and anti-tow alarm are also active.
Switching off the interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm
The orientation lighting in the button must be lit up when switching the systems off. To switch the orientation lighting on, remove the key from the ignition or open one of the doors.
- Press the button. A yellow indicator lamp will light up in the button until the vehicle is locked.
- Close all doors and the tailgate.
- Lock the vehicle using the vehicle key. The interior monitoring and anti-towing alarm are switched off until the next time the vehicle is locked.
Therefore switch off the interior monitoring system and anti-tow alarm before locking the vehicle in any of the following, or similar, situations:
- If you leave animals inside the vehicle for a short period .
- If the vehicle is to be loaded onto another vehicle.
- If the vehicle is transported (e.g. on a ferry).
- If the vehicle is going to be towed with one axle off the ground.
Risk of false alarm
Interior monitoring can work properly only if the vehicle is closed fully. Observe legal requirements. A false alarm could be triggered in any of the following circumstances:
- If a window is fully or partly open.
- If the stowage compartment in the roof console is open.
- If the panoramic sliding roof is fully or partly open.
- If items such as loose pieces of paper and items attached to the interior mirror (e.g. air-fresheners) are left in the vehicle.
- If there is movement inside the vehicle when the net partition is in position (when the auxiliary heater is running).
- If a mobile phone that is left in the vehicle vibrates.
If doors or the tailgate are still open when the anti-theft alarm is activated, only the anti-theft alarm is activated. Interior monitoring and the anti-tow alarm are not activated until all doors and the tailgate are closed.
Stowage areas in the rear floor area
Fig. 117 Stowage areas in the floor area of the second row of seats First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings Place the floor mat (if fitted) to one side. To open, pull the lid up from the centre (arrow) at the rear. To close, press the lid do ...
Wheel, Balancing on Stationary Balancing Machine
Before beginning balancing, the following requirements must be fulfilled. The tire pressure must be OK. The tire profile must not be worn on one side. The tire profile must be at least 4 mm. ...
Vehicle-specific weight ratings
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings All data in the official vehicle documents take precedence over these data. All data in this manual are valid for the basic model. The vehicle data sticker in the service schedule and the official vehicle documents ...