Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Parking using the Park Assist system→ Using the Park Assist system to get out of a parking space
→ Brake assistance
The Park Assist system helps the driver in finding suitable parking spaces, when parking in suitable parallel or perpendicular parking spaces and when getting out of parallel parking spaces.
The Park Assist system has certain system-related limitations and the driver should be particularly carefully when using the Park Assist system .
One element of the Park Assist system is the parking distance warning system, which will help you in the parking process.
In vehicles with optical parking system (OPS), the scanned area in front of and behind the vehicle will be displayed on the radio or navigation system screen and the position of obstacles is shown, within the limits of the system, relative to the vehicle.
The Park Assist system cannot be switched on if the electrical connection of the factory-fitted towing bracket is connected to the trailer.
Additional information and warnings:
- Exterior views
- Braking, stopping and parking
- Parking distance warning
- Cleaning and caring for the vehicle exterior
- Accessories, modifications, repairs and renewal of parts
WARNINGDo not let the extra convenience afforded by the Park Assist system tempt you into taking any risks when driving – this can cause accidents. The system cannot replace the full concentration of the driver.
- Unintentional vehicle movements can cause serious injury.
- Adapt your speed and driving style to suit visibility, weather, road and traffic conditions.
- The surface of certain objects, including clothing, as well as external noise sources do not reflect the signals from the Park Assist system or the parking distance warning sensors or can cause the system to fail to detect objects or persons.
- Sensors have blind spots in which obstacles and people are not registered.
- Always monitor the area around the vehicle as small children, animals and objects will not always be detected by the sensors.
- The Park Assist system orientates itself to parked vehicles and not to the kerb or other factors. Please ensure that the wheels and tyres are not damaged when parking the vehicle. If necessary, stop the parking procedure in good time to prevent damage to the vehicle.
- The sensors may not always be able to detect objects such as trailer drawbars, thin rails, fences, posts, trees etc. This could result in damage to your vehicle.
- If the parking distance warning system detects an obstacle and you drive closer to the object, the object could move out of the detection range of the sensors. This is applies mainly to very tall and very low objects. These objects are no longer registered. If you ignore the warning given by the parking distance warning system, your vehicle could suffer considerable damage. The same applies for the Park Assist system when parking behind a lorry or a motorbike, for example. Therefore, always check the space in front of and behind the vehicle and stop the vehicle in good time if necessary.
- The system sensors in the bumpers must be kept clean and free of ice and snow and not be covered up otherwise the system will not work properly.
- The sensors in the bumper can be shifted or damaged through impacts, e.g. when parking.
- The sensors should be sprayed only briefly when cleaning with pressure hoses and steam cleaners. A distance of 10 cm between the sensors and the steam/hose nozzle must be observed.
Please contact a qualified workshop if there is a malfunction in the system. Volkswagen recommends using a Volkswagen dealership for this purpose.
Headlamp Washer System
The following hose connection types are used for connecting hoses to pumps and spray nozzles or as separating points Disconnect by depressing clip -1--arrow- and then separating coupling fro ...
The four known states of water also apply to air conditioning system refrigerants. 1 - gaseous (invisible) 2 - vapor 3 - fluid 4&nbs ...
Charging Systems not Requiring a Permit
At this time, A/C service units for extracting, cleaning and filling refrigerant for motor vehicle A/C systems are available from various manufacturers. Charging systems not requiring a permit are ones used for transferring compressed ga ...