Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Controls→ Operating notes for the heating and fresh air system
→ Information on the air conditioning system→ Vents
→ Air recirculation mode
Displays for the Climatronic information
Information on the Climatronic is displayed briefly on the screen of the factory-fitted radio or navigation system.
The units of the temperature display can be shown in the factory-fitted radio or navigation system and, depending on the vehicle equipment, can be altered in the Settings menu in the instrument cluster.
The dust and pollen filter
The dust and pollen filter with activated charcoal reduces the level of impurities in the outside air entering the vehicle.
For the air conditioning system to work with maximum efficiency, the dust and pollen filter must be replaced at the intervals specified in the Service Schedule.
If the efficiency of the filter declines prematurely due to use in areas with very high levels of air pollution, the dust and pollen filter must be changed more frequently than stated in the Service Schedule.
Additional information and warnings:
- Exterior views
- Volkswagen information system
- Windscreen wiper/washer
- Auxiliary heater (supplementary heating system)
- Cleaning and caring for the vehicle exterior
WARNINGPoor visibility through all windows will increase the risk of collisions and accidents which can cause serious injuries.
- Always ensure that all windows are free of ice, snow and mist in order to have good visibility.
- Maximum heat output, which is needed to defrost the windows as quickly as possible, is only available when the engine has reached its operating temperature. Do not start your journey until you have good visibility.
- Always make sure that the heating and fresh air system or the air conditioning system and the heated rear window are used correctly in order to ensure good visibility.
- Never use the air recirculation mode for an extended period. If the cooling system is switched off, the windows could mist up very quickly in the air recirculation mode and reduce visibility considerably.
- Always switch off the air recirculation mode if it is not required.
WARNINGStale air can quickly cause tiredness and lack of concentration in the driver which in turn can cause collisions, accidents and serious injuries.
- Never switch the blowers off or the air recirculation mode on for an extended period as otherwise no fresh air can enter the vehicle interior.
- Switch off the air conditioning system if you suspect that it has been damaged. This could avoid further damage. The air conditioning system should be checked by a qualified workshop.
- Repairs to the air conditioning system require specialist knowledge and special tools. Volkswagen recommends using a Volkswagen dealership for this purpose.
If the cooling system is switched off, the outside air that is drawn into the vehicle is not dehumidified. To prevent the windows misting over, Volkswagen recommends that you leave the air conditioning (compressor) switched on. To do this press the button AC. The warning lamp in the button must light up.
Maximum heat output, which is needed to defrost the windows as quickly as possible, is only available when the engine has reached its operating temperature.
Keep the air intake slots in front of the windscreen free of snow, ice and leaves to ensure heating and cooling is not impaired, and to prevent the windows misting over.
This chapter contains information on the following subjects: → Ashtray → Cigarette lighter Additional information and warnings: Electrical sockets Accessories, modifications, repairs and renewal of parts Consumer informati ...
Lifting the vehicle with the jack
Fig. 208 The jacking points Fig. 209 Jack at the rear on the left-side of the vehicle First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings The jack may be applied only at the jacking points shown (markings on the body) . Always use the jacking point closest to the w ...
Valve, Removing and Installing, Metal Valve
Special tools and workshop equipment required Torque Wrench -VAG1410- Perform the Following: Removing Remove the Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor. Refer to & ...