Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Warning lamps and indicator lamps→ Engine oil specification
→ Checking the engine oil level and refilling engine oil→ Engine oil consumption
→ Changing engine oil
Additional information and warnings:
- Preparation for working in the engine compartment
- Accessories, modifications, repairs and renewal of parts
- ⇒ BookletService schedule,
WARNINGIncorrect handling of engine oil can cause serious burns and injuries.
- Always wear protective eye covering when handling engine oil.
- Engine oil is poisonous and must be stored out of the reach of children.
- Engine oil must be kept in the closed original container. This also applies to used oil until it is disposed of.
- Never use empty food containers, bottles or other containers to store engine oil as other people may then drink the engine oil.
- Regular contact with engine oil can damage the skin. Skin that has been in contact with engine oil should be washed thoroughly with water and soap.
- Engine oil becomes extremely hot when the engine is running and can scald skin severely. Always allow the engine to cool down.
As with all other operating fluids, any spilt engine oil will pollute the environment. Spilt operating fluids must be collected and disposed of properly and with respect for the environment.
Driving through water
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings Please follow these points in order to prevent damage to your vehicle when driving through water, for example on flooded streets: Check how deep the water is before driving through it. The water may be no high ...
A/C System and Refrigerant R134a Safety Precautions
A/C Service Station -VAS6007A- (and further or current A/C Service Station) Refer to the Workshop Equipment Catalog. WARNING It is recommended to have an eye-flushing bot ...
Battery, Charging with Battery Charger -VAS5900-
Special tools and workshop equipment required Battery Charger -VAS5900- WARNING Risk of injury. Follow all Warnings and Safety Precautions. Refer to → ...