Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Handling of seat covers→ Cleaning cloth seat covers, fabric trim and Alcantara upholstery
→ Cleaning and caring for natural leather covers→ Cleaning leatherette upholstery
→ Cleaning stowage compartments, drink holders and ash trays→ Cleaning and caring for the dash panel, wooden trims and plastic parts
→ Cleaning seat belts
Modern fabrics, such as dark denim, are often not colourfast. Light-coloured upholstery (soft materials or leather) is particularly sensitive to staining caused by these fabrics, even if you are careful. This is not caused by a fault in the upholstery, but by the non-colourfast nature of the garments.
Additional information and warnings:
- Cleaning and caring for the vehicle exterior
- Accessories, modifications, repairs and renewal of parts
WARNINGCar care products can be toxic and hazardous. Unsuitable care products and incorrect application of care products can cause accidents, serious injuries, burns or poisoning.
- The care product must be kept in the closed original container.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions.
- Never store car care products in empty food containers, bottles or any other non-original containers as people finding these containers may not know that they contain care products.
- Keep children away from care products.
- Harmful fumes could be created when using the products. The products should therefore only be used outside or in well-ventilated rooms.
- Never use fuel, turpentine, engine oil, nail varnish remover or other volatile fluids to wash, clean or care for your vehicle. They are toxic and highly inflammable.
WARNINGIncorrect care and cleaning of vehicle parts can impair the safety features of the vehicle and cause serious injury.
- Vehicle parts must be cleaned according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Only use approved or recommended cleaning products.
- Cleaning products which contain solvents will damage the material.
- To avoid damage, stubborn stains should be removed by a specialist cleaning company.
Suitable care products are available from a Volkswagen dealership.
One-Part Anti-Corrosion Wash Primer
Definition: One-Part Anti-Corrosion Wash Primer -ALN 002 003 10- Edition 06/2011 Product Description One-part anti-corrosion primer is a zinc chromate-free, polyvinylbutyral- ...
Masking or switching over headlights for driving abroad
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings If you have to drive a right-hand drive vehicle in a left-hand drive country, or vice versa, the asymmetric dipped beam headlights may dazzle oncoming traffic. Therefore, the headlights must be masked or switched o ...
Checking the engine oil level and refilling engine oil
Fig. 174 Oil dipstick with markings Fig. 175 In the engine compartment: engine oil filler cap First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings Preparation Park the vehicle on a level surface to ensure the engine oil reading is correct. Switch off the en ...