Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Opening and closing the bonnet
Fig. 172 The bonnet release lever is located in the driver side footwell.
Fig. 173 Release lever for opening the bonnet in the radiator grilleFirst read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
Opening the bonnet
The lever for opening the bonnet can only be operated when the driver door is open.
- Please ensure that the windscreen wiper arms are lying on the windscreen before opening the bonnet .
- Open the driver door.
- Pull the release lever in the direction of the arrow . The bonnet is released from its lock by a spring mechanism .
- Lift the bonnet at the release lever (arrow) and open fully. The bonnet is held in the open position by the gas-filled strut.
Closing the bonnet
- To close the bonnet, pull it down to overcome the gas strut pressure .
- Let the bonnet drop into the catches – do not press it down!
If the bonnet is not closed, open it again and close it properly.
The bonnet will be flush with the body parts around it once it has been closed properly. The indicator lamp in the instrument cluster will no longer be lit up .
WARNINGIf the bonnet is not closed properly, it could open suddenly while you are driving and completely obscure your view of the road. This could lead to accidents and serious injuries.
- After closing the bonnet, always check that it is properly secured. The bonnet must be flush with the surrounding body panels.
- If you notice that the bonnet is not closed properly while the vehicle is in motion, stop the vehicle as soon as possible and close the bonnet.
- Therefore the bonnet should only be opened or closed when you are sure that nobody is in its path.
- The bonnet should only be opened when the wiper arms are flush to the windscreen in order to avoid damage to the bonnet and the windscreen wiper arms.
- Always fold the windscreen wiper arms back onto the windscreen before driving away.
Snow Chins, Assembly and Replacing Snow chains may be mounted only on the drive wheels. If the vehicle has AWD, then snow chains may be used on the front wheels only. Snow chains are not possible with all wheel/tire com ...
Contaminants Removed from Refrigerant Circuit
The reservoir/receiver/dryer or dryer bag/cartridge should not be replaced under the following conditions. After an accident when there is no damage on the reservoir/receiver/dryer. The repair was done quickl ...
Washing the vehicle
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings The longer substances such as insects, bird droppings, resinous tree sap, road dirt, industrial deposits, tar, soot or road salt and other corrosive materials remain on the vehicle, the more damage they do to the paint ...