Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Cleaning and caring for natural leather covers
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
Please contact a Volkswagen dealership or other qualified workshop if you have any questions on cleaning and caring for the leather equipment in your vehicle.
Care and use
Natural leather is sensitive as it does not have a uniform coating of dye.
- Use a leather cream with sunlight protection and impregnation properties on a regular basis and always after cleaning. The cream nourishes the leather, keeps it breathable and supple and replaces lost moisture. It also protects the surface.
- Leather should be cleaned every two to three months and fresh stains removed.
- Treat the leather with a special leather care product every six months .
- Apply cleaning and care products sparingly.
- Remove fresh stains such as ink, ball-point pen ink, lipstick, shoe cream etc. as quickly as possible.
- Look after the pigment. Use a special coloured leather cream to refresh the colour where necessary.
- Wipe off with a soft cloth.
Volkswagen recommends that you use a damp cotton or wool cloth for general cleaning purposes.
Do not let the water soak through the leather or soak into the seams.
|Type of stain||Cleaning|
|Stubborn stains||– Use a cloth to apply a mild soap solution after thoroughly
wringing out the cloth.a).
– Dry with an absorbent, dry cloth.
|Water-based stains, e.g. coffee, tea, juice, blood etc.||– Remove fresh stains with an absorbent cloth,
– If the stain has already dried, use a suitable cleaning agent .
|Oily stains, e.g. oil, lipstick etc.||– Remove fresh stains with an absorbent cloth.
– Use a suitable cleaning agent for stains that have not yet penetrated the surface .
– Treat dried stains with a fat-dissolving spray .
|Difficult stains, such as biro, felt tip pen, nail varnish, emulsion paint, shoe polish etc.||– Dry with an absorbent, dry cloth.
– Clean with a suitable leather stain remover.
- Do not use solvents, wax polish, shoe cream, spot removers or similar products on leather.
- Spilt liquids should be cleaned away using an absorbent cloth immediately. The leather surface absorbs liquids quickly.
- If the car is left standing outdoors for long periods, the leather should be protected against direct sunlight to prevent it from fading.
However, slight colour variations will arise in normal use.
a) Mild soap solution: two tablespoons neutral soap diluted in one litre of water.
Vehicle-specific weight ratings
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings All data in the official vehicle documents take precedence over these data. All data in this manual are valid for the basic model. The vehicle data sticker in the service schedule and the official vehicle documents ...
One-Part Clean Spray Can -LLS MAX 099-, -LLS MAX 100-, Aquaplus System
Definition: One-Part Clean Spray Can -LLS MAX 099-, 250 ml for Water-Based Mixed Paint "Aquaplus System" One-Part Clean Spray Can -LLS MAX 100-, 400 ml for Water-Based Mixed Paint "Aquaplus System" ...
Spray Can Filling Device -VAS6425-
Definition: Spray Can Filling Device -VAS6425- Product Description The spray can filling device is a pneumatic, maintenance-free dispensing device for filling spray cans with mixed base paint ...