Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Fastening rings
Fig. 102 In the luggage compartment: fastening ringsFirst read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
You will find fastening rings at the front and rear of the luggage compartment which can be used to secure luggage (arrow).
Some fastening rings have to be folded out before they can be used.
WARNINGUnsuitable or damaged securing straps could rip in the event of a braking manoeuvre or accident. This could cause objects to be flung through the interior and lead to severe or fatal injuries.
- Always use suitable and undamaged securing straps.
- Attach securing straps securely to the fastening rings.
- Loose objects in the luggage compartment can suddenly slide and change the way the vehicle handles.
- Small and light objects should also be secured.
- Never exceed the maximum load rating of the fastening rings when securing objects.
- Never secure a child seat to the fastening rings. The only exception to this is when a child seat is fastened with the top tether to the fastening rings bolted on at the side.
The maximum load rating of the fastening rings is 3.5 kN (3.57 kp).
Suitable fastening belts and luggage stowage systems are available from a qualified workshop. Volkswagen recommends using a Volkswagen dealership for this purpose.
This chapter contains information on the following subjects: → Fuel types → Petrol → Diesel → Natural gas → Information on fuel consumption → Fuel consumption → CO emissions The factory-fitted sticker on ...
This chapter contains information on the following subjects: → Indicator lamps → Information on changing a bulb → Changing bulbs in the front headlights → Changing bulbs in the front bumper → Changing bulbs in the tail light cluster in t ...
Battery Charger -VAS5095A- Device Description
WARNING Risk of injury. Follow all Warnings and Safety Precautions. Refer to → Chapter "Warnings and Safety Precautions". Caution ...